Scouting Report

Feb 28 It's not often that I've been able to say things turned out better than I had hoped. I rented a car in Palatka Florida to look for potential campsites not knowing what I would find in Fort Myers. I drove through the night and slept in the car arriving at about 4:00 am. As luck would have it, the Twins spring training facility was off the same exit as my rest stop and there were multiple options for places to camp.

Earlier in the month I had mailed a package ahead to Lakeland after hearing that all of the Red Sox spring training games were sold out. I hadn't dared hope that I'd get a chance to get a good look at them. But the more I thought about it the more I realized I just wasn't going to be very excited to see anybody else so I decided to take my chances in Fort Myers. With the Minnesota Twins also training there it gave me a good back up plan if Red Sox tickets were hard to get.

Lakeland was a bit of a tangle to navigate through. The Detroit Tigers were playing and that added to the traffic near the PO. The post office made me fill out a form saying why I needed to send a package general delivery (if they didn't like it they should have made me fill it out before I sent it not after). Then it was back to Palatka to return the car in triumph.